Dirt Roads to City Streets

A blog in search of an identity and a focus.

Name:
Location: Canada

Sunday, November 20, 2005

The sun'll come out...tomorrow...

Just returned from the farm. En route, I saw the most amazing sunset. The entire western sky was filled with clouds, catching the light and turning shades of brilliant orange and red. As the minutes ticked by, the colours became more muted, finally ending as shades of mauve, faded red-black, and an almost, barely-there olive. All this happened, fortuitously, in the 20 minutes or so that I headed due west of Lethbridge, so I had the whole show conveniently playing out across my windshield. Luckily, everyone else on the road was behaving themselves, so I didn't have to keep more than a single eye on the highway.

Speaking of eyes... spent much of the weekend with my eyeballs glued to a computer screen. Not much of a switch for me, but rather than reading for pleasure, I was doing bookwork for the company. Could have been worse, I guess. I'm not 100% sure how, but it could have been. T, the cat who owns mom, didn't decide to lay in the middle of the paperwork, which was a small boon. He is growing fuglier every day, swear to God. He used to be sort of runt-like, with long, whispy ear hair (cuter than it sounds). Now, the ear hair is gone, the long, gorgeous black hair is turning chocolate brown, and he's no longer little and cute. He fugly. Damn, he fugly (reminds me of our nickname for one of Leon's girlfriends!).

Also spent some quality time catching up on movies. Watched
The Chronicles of Riddick. I always forget how hot Vin Diesel is (especially in that role, with his low, gravely voice). Also watched To Live and Die in LA, mostly to make mom and Shan watch William Petersen's dangly bits. What can I say? The man is sex on a stick. And in those tight jeans? Honey, don't get me started.

Only a few weeks left before the Christmas party, and I think I've found the ensemble I'll be wearing. Fingers crossed!


Kelly still in Paris. Still hate Kelly...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home