Dirt Roads to City Streets

A blog in search of an identity and a focus.

Name:
Location: Canada

Friday, January 14, 2005

What's going on - Jan. 14

Things have been fairly busy for me lately, thus the dearth of new postings (I read and obey, frazzled!). In any case, here's some stuff that's been happening:

  • One of my favourite CBC columnists, Jocelyn Hainesworth, has parted ways with the mother corp, and has started her own blog. I came late to her writing, but have become entranced by her spot-on descriptions of farm life and all its trials and tribulations.
  • The cast of the new Survivor has been announced. Those of you who read along know of my recent, unfortunate addiction to mocking this show. Speaking of mock-worthy, I caught the first episode of the weirdest competition ever: Wickedly Perfect. I was floored when a contestant won a truck for her creation of a cocout-coated carmel apple invitation. It was cute and all, but damn! Missed it this week, and that's probably "a good thing" ;).
  • This bizarre clip landed in my inbox this week *shudder*. I was taken completely off-guard...stunts and special effects combine to create a truly creepy couple seconds of film.
  • As a Cancer, I'm always looking back at where I've been. Here's a great review of the year that was...from the American perspective.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home