Dirt Roads to City Streets

A blog in search of an identity and a focus.

Name:
Location: Canada

Thursday, December 09, 2004

What I'm reading/watching/thinking about - Dec. 9

  • Okay, not reading, but definitely droooooling over some lovely firefighter pictures. Check 'em out here. My only complaint, while staring at these lovelies, is that some fool decided to include children in some of the pictures. Thanks for making me feel like a pervert! Know thy audience!
  • Once upon a time, I attended a fabulous drag show (not the one I was supposed to go to this weekend - mea culpa, Thomas!), and the headliner sang this amazing song. I finally tracked down lyrics - they aren't formatted nicely, but you get the gist. I'll keep my ears out for an online version of the song - it's fabulous.
  • Remember when the 'net was new, and there weren't a lot of graphics around, and we'd do anything to personalize an email? Including building cute/weird little graphics out of ascii characters? Well, apparently this is not a dying art. Who knew? The folks at The Hottest Babes come in ASCII have actually dedicated time to creating ascii portraits of famous women. Why? Good question. They seem very intent on ascii-izing as many Hollywood hotties as possible. Granted, it's kind of cool, but the question remains - have they no life? I think we know the answer to that...
  • Survivor: Vanuatu is winding up (finally). The big season finale is on Sunday. I'm in an office pool, and the two castaways I've got money on (Chris and Twila) are still in the running. The previews for tonight's episode show Twila melting down, but I still think Chris has a shot. If you're interested in following along at this late stage, check out the Canoe site, they've usually got some interesting points to make.
  • Finally, did you catch last night's episode of Lost? Except for a few gratuitous flashback scenes about the doctor and his daddy that I could have lived without, it was great! Lots of great twists, as always. It's like watching the most engrossing movie you've ever seen - with too many commercials. They often end on a cliffhanger that keeps pulling you back week after week. I'm so glad I started watching, and I'm sure I'll be buying the DVDs of the first season, so I can watch the clues they've embedded in the series thus far. If you know someone who has taped the season thus far, beg-borrow-steal their tapes and get hooked yourself. It's the most interesting television show in ages (discounting those interesting ones that come on and are promptly cancelled, lest we start using our minds and thinking for ourselves).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home