Dirt Roads to City Streets

A blog in search of an identity and a focus.

Name:
Location: Canada

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

What I'm reading - Dec. 14

  • A bit of yummy eye-candy: a firefighter's calendar (3 years worth of images)
  • Looking for an alternative to expensive vacations? Consider working as a house-sitter. These folks appear to have positions open all over the world. I'd definitely consider them -- if I had a life and could afford to travel!
  • When I get bored, I periodically google myself (ego-surfing) - not just because I want to see how often my name appears, but because it's kind of intersting to see the contexts in which one's name appears. There are people out there who share my name running local chapters of the NAACP, administering senior's homes, and even (here's a shocker) teaching English in university. It's a fun mind game to see who you might have been and what you may have done in a different life.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how "Google yourself" would have brought about peels of laughter back in junior high? You know your business has made it when you become a verb! But seriously, I google myself too, I mean I gotta see!

KLT

January 20, 2005 at 12:08 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home