Dirt Roads to City Streets

A blog in search of an identity and a focus.

Name:
Location: Canada

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Recent dreams

I've had a couple of vivid dreams in the last week that I've been meaning to document. The first two occurred while I was out at the farm - I find my dreaming is always more clear and memorable there. Perhaps its because of the utter darkness, or the quiet (wait, the dog barks all night, so it's not that quiet!), or just because I relax more there. In any case, here's the scoop:

  • The first dream takes place in some kind of bizarre Las Vegas-style setting. Here's the premise: Princess Di didn't die - she's alive and well and married and has another child (a daughter). The dream follows the new family on vacation. She's had to tone down her lavish lifestyle in order to maintain the illusion of being beyond the grave, but Vegas is always safe (she can claim to be a look-alike there). She and her new husband and daughter are riding in a gondola in "Little Venice", and the unofficial secret service are watching her (unofficial, of course, because she's supposed to be dead). There's a lot of swooping around (and I'm suddenly in the same gondola as the family), and then there's fireworks. Later, we are trapped in stone tunnels beneath a school, for no paticular reason.
  • The second dream features Bob Hope (apparently I had a real thing for dead celebrities last weekend!). He's looking like the Bob Hope of the 70s, as opposed to the guy we saw in his last years - funny, biting. Bob was doing his stand-up schtick, although the details of the rest of the dream were kind of fuzzy. Since I hadn't thought of Bob since his passing, I had to scratch my head over this one.
  • The last dream features someone I've often dreamed about, mostly when I need a reason to feel bad about myself! I went to school with the minister's daughter and she was often held up as the epitome of perfection (grace, intelligence, musical skill, etc., etc.). I haven't seen her in years but on Sunday I heard both that she's recently had her third child (congrats!), and that her father remarried. That's why I think I dreamed about her. She was, as always, perfect, in that annoying way people are when you're dissatisfied with some aspect of your own life. In this case, she was berating me for my poor financial habits (this dream happened after a recent meeting with a financial advisor).

Hmmm... I lost a lot of detail in the telling. I'll work on that for future editions, and try not to wait so long between event and sharing!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... What would Freud say? You've got the princess, the comedian and the goody-goody girl. Maybe these are all aspects of Marie? Or maybe you're holding yourself up to these people somehow? Interesting about the Di one, though. It sounded so *real*! So believable...

Conspiracy theorists unite!

Hey, was the little girl Dodi's?

Dawnski

February 7, 2005 at 9:48 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home