Dirt Roads to City Streets

A blog in search of an identity and a focus.

Name:
Location: Canada

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

There'll be a golden ladder reaching down...

A couple of updates today (surprise, surprise). If you aren't a reality television fan, you can skip over the postings that follow this one.

So... lots of news that hasn't as yet made it to the blog. First is that we're attempting to sell the family farm, which has naturally screwed up my brain for a few months now. The deadline is this Friday (we're selling by tender), so we'll see shortly thereafter if there are any bids worth taking. I'm not sure which outcome I'm most hoping for... This Friday is a day fraught with family significance which I won't get into here. I'm hoping that benevolent spirits are looking over our shoulders and protecting our interests.

What else is going on? Well, if we sell, I'll be buying a house. Yes, the long-awaited, much sought-after final move. Um, we can only hope. I've moved about 26 times so far as an adult, and I'm intrigued at the thought of throwing away all boxes after a move, rather than holding on to them for the future, and at the notion of completely unpack all possessions. I've not started house hunting in earnest, but given the hot market we've got going on in Calgary, I'm sure I'll be paying through the nose no matter what I get. The radio said that prices are up 26% over last year, so my timing is proving to be as excellent as usual.

Hmmm.... thought there was more news than that. It seems like so much more in my head. What else, what else? Oh, went with Mick to pottery class last night, and it was so much fun. I decided not to actually create anything (although Mick made sure I got muddy), but it reminded me of all the fun I'm missing. I want to take a class with Basia and Carrie, but the logistics have so far not been working. I'm definitely going to try to schedule something in the near future, however. It was a hoot to see Michelle again, because she is possibly one of the most naturally entertaining people I know. She kind of reminds me of Jessica from Rochester - outrageous but good natured with it. Those two would definitely get along.

In the future, watch for some of my snark-laden comments regarding this season's Survivor. I'm in the pool, and feel the obligation to provide entertainment value. Speaking of snark, check out Ryan's latest article, for which I provided some insightful commentary. Er... something.

Finally, a shout out to Christmas, who complains that he never gets mentioned here. He is the father of the lead singer of my favourite under-16 band: The Random. Who loves ya, baby!

I lied - this is the final thought: you know you're spending too much time at work when.... you get to your front door and pull out your office key card instead of your door key... Or, maybe this is the final thought. License plate seen over the weekend: IH8U2. Priceless!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Marie... Thanks for the mention. I somehow feel validated.
Christmas

March 19, 2006 at 10:48 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home